The Medieval Bray Project has been invited to put forward a photograph depicting an aspect of Bray’s heritage with the objective of creating a postcard under the theme of Daoine agus Áit (People and Place). We would like to invite members of our community to get involved and submit a photograph of something they feel portrays Bray’s unique history or heritage, which includes built, natural, archaeological, coastal and intangible heritage such as games, dance, music and song, sport, crafts and traditions. We will also be producing our own photographs for consideration and we will work on a few lines of verse to compliment this postcard, which will be made available in the community for free over Heritage week.
The image should portray what you think makes Bray’s heritage unique and how it connects the community. We are encouraged by the fact that several iconic photographs of Bray have been posted to Bray Open Forum and other Bray Groups, during the COVID lockdown, which judging from the online reaction to them, have hit a chord with large sections of the Bray community. All photographs submitted will be exhibited on our website themedievalbrayproject.wicklowheritage.org
The postcard will be one of a collection produced by members of the Irish Community Archive Network (iCAN), an initiative of the National Museum of Ireland and Wicklow Heritage Office that supports community groups to collect, preserve and share their local history and heritage online. The Medieval Bray Project joined iCAN in 2019. https://www.ouririshheritage.org/content/about/explore-our-network/irish-community-archive-network
Representatives of The Medieval Bray Project and two other groups from Bray are attending workshops with other iCAN Heritage Communities and through that process one photograph will be selected for the Postcard.
- Postcard will be A5 in size (which is half A4)
- One photograph submission per person
- The photograph should be at least 2MB. When submitting please select the option to send at ‘actual size’ so that the image quality is preserved.
- By submitting a photograph you will be agreeing for your image, if chosen, to be reproduced on our postcard. We will be happy to credit the photographer.
- Closing date 11th June 2021.
- Submit to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries to Mary at 0872104844